She obtained graduate degree from Uludağ University School of Medicine in 1998 as Medicine doctor. She was in Istanbul University between 2003-2007 to do proficiency in Histology and Embryology at Cerrahpaşa Medicine School. After receving the proficiency degree, she started to work as medical doctor (Specialist) in Süleymaniye Gynecology and Maternity Training and Research Hospital, and then Zeynep Kamil Gynecology and Maternity Training and Research Hospital IVF- ET Unit.
She is currently an assistant professor at the department of Histology and Embryology in Istanbul Medipol University, School of Medicine.
Her research focus are cancer, cancer stem cell, Infertility, In vitro fertilization.
- Ayla S, Bilir A, Soner BC, Yilmaz-Dilsiz O, Ergüven M, Oktem G Notch signaling-related therapeutic strategies with novel drugs in neuroblastoma spheroids. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol. 2014 Jan;36(1):37-44.
- Soner BC, Aktug H, Acikgoz E, Duzagac F, Guven U, Ayla S, Cal C, Oktem G. Induced growth inhibition, cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in CD133+/CD44+ prostate cancer stem cells by flavopiridol. Int J Mol Med. 2014 Nov;34(5):1249-56.
- Oktem G, Bilir A, Uslu R, Inan SV, Demiray SB, Atmaca H, Ayla S, Sercan O, Uysal A. Expression profiling of stem cell signaling alters with spheroid formation in CD133high/CD44highprostate cancer stem cells. Oncol Lett. 2014 Jun;7(6):2103-2109. Epub 2014 Mar 24.
- Tanriverdi G, Denir S, Ayla S, Bilir A, Oktar H, Cepni I, Irez T. Notch signaling pathway in cumulus cells can be a novel marker to identify poor and normal responder IVF patients. Tanriverdi G, Denir S, Ayla S, Bilir A, Oktar H, Cepni I, Irez T. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2013 Oct;30(10):1319-26.
- Oktem G, Sanci M, Bilir A, Yildirim Y, Kececi SD, Ayla S, Inan S. Cancer stem cell and embryonic development-associated molecules contribute to prognostic significance in ovarian cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer. 2012 Jan;22(1):23-9.